Join the RMC Global Council
The White Ribbon Alliance, in conjunction with the Global Sectariat, produced the Respectful Maternity Care Charter, which is a global campaign to promote a clear standard for RMC, rooted in international human rights. Contact the White Ribbon Alliance to learn more or email us at email@example.com
Timeline of Key Events (click to enlarge)
RMC Tanzania Overview (English)
RMC Tanzania Overview (Swahili)
Global Research and Advocacy Links
- Respectful Maternity Care Resources, a repository of respectful maternity care resources that was established under the TRAction project that includes a Wiki where researchers, programmers, advocates, and implementors can share evidence and experience as well as a database to easily identify local, national and international RMC partners and allies.
- A beta version of an information sharing platform for respectful and compassionate care resources specific to Tanzania.
- The White Ribbon Alliance’s Global Council resource repository is available here.
- WHO Resources on Guidelines and Standards, Research, and the Statement on Ending Disrespect and Abuse
Select Partner Publications
- A Rapid Review of Available Evidence to Inform Indicators for Routine Monitoring and Evaluation of Respectful Maternity Care
- Community and health system intervention to reduce disrespect and abuse during childbirth in Tanga Region, Tanzania: A comparative before-and-after study
- The effect of a multi-component intervention on disrespect and abuse during childbirth in Kenya
- Modeling the relationship between women’s perceptions and future intention to use institutional maternity care in the Western Highlands of Guatemala
- Implementation science approaches to family planning and reproductive health: Experiential learning and sharing for implementers, policymakers, researchers, and advocates
- Exploring Evidence for Disrespect and Abuse in Facility-Based Childbirth: Report of a Landscape Analysis
- A call for collaboration on respectful, person-centered health care in family planning and maternal health
- Confronting the culture of care: a call to end disrespect, discrimination, and detainment of women and newborns in health facilities everywhere
- Defining disrespect and abuse of women in childbirth: a research, policy and rights agenda
- East, Central and Southern Africa Health Community: Translating Evidence to Policy in Support of Respectful Maternity Care
- Violence against female health workers is tip of iceberg of gender power imbalances
Additional Project Resources