Watch the RMNCAH Webinar Series
The HEARD Project Partnership launched a webinar series in December 2020 with a focus on Accelerating Evidence to Use in Policy and Programs: Strengthening & Sustaining RMNCAH Systems in Sub-Saharan Africa. Over the last several months, hundreds of people have tuned in to listen and learn from leading experts in the field and around the world.
Join us for our next webinar or visit the Implementation Science Collective’s Youtube Channel to watch the first three webinars in the series.
RMC Tanzania Overview (Swahili)
Global Research and Advocacy Links
- Respectful Maternal Care Resources, a repository of respectful maternal care resources that was established under the TRAction project that includes a Wiki where researchers, programmers, advocates, and implementors can share evidence and experience as well as a database to easily identify local, national and international RMC partners and allies.
- A beta version of an information sharing platform for respectful and compassionate care resources specific to Tanzania.
- The White Ribbon Alliance’s Global Council resource repository is available here.
- WHO Resources on Guidelines and Standards, Research, and the Statement on Ending Disrespect and Abuse
Select Partner Publications
- A Rapid Review of Available Evidence to Inform Indicators for Routine Monitoring and Evaluation of Respectful Maternity Care
- Community and health system intervention to reduce disrespect and abuse during childbirth in Tanga Region, Tanzania: A comparative before-and-after study
- The effect of a multi-component intervention on disrespect and abuse during childbirth in Kenya
- Modeling the relationship between women’s perceptions and future intention to use institutional maternity care in the Western Highlands of Guatemala
- Implementation science approaches to family planning and reproductive health: Experiential learning and sharing for implementers, policymakers, researchers, and advocates
- Exploring Evidence for Disrespect and Abuse in Facility-Based Childbirth: Report of a Landscape Analysis
- A call for collaboration on respectful, person-centered health care in family planning and maternal health
- Confronting the culture of care: a call to end disrespect, discrimination, and detainment of women and newborns in health facilities everywhere
- Defining disrespect and abuse of women in childbirth: a research, policy and rights agenda
- East, Central and Southern Africa Health Community: Translating Evidence to Policy in Support of Respectful Maternity Care
- Violence against female health workers is tip of iceberg of gender power imbalances
Additional Project Resources
- General Background Brief
- HEARD RMC Overview Brief
- HEARD’s RMC Theory of Change
- HEARD’s RMC Tanzania Theory of Change
- TRAction RMC Effort Brief