Thanks to funding from the USAID Tanzania Mission, our partnership and approach informs change through:
- support to policy advocacy;
- evidence generation and availability; and
- routine monitoring and evaluation (M&E) for respectful maternal care (RMC).
Our activities are implemented in collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elders, and Children and other local stakeholders.
Support to Policy Advocacy
- Stakeholder Engagement for Respectful and Compassionate Care in Tanzania has led to the development of national strategies to advance respectful care.
Routine M&E for RMC
- “A rapid review of available evidence to inform indicators for routine monitoring and evaluation of respectful maternal care” originated with stakeholders from Tanzania (among others) asking: “which RMC indicators should we use?” To begin to respond to this question, we undertook a rapid review of the available evidence and look forward to this work informing the consultative process around the development of routine M&E for RMC in Tanzania and beyond.